Friday, October 12, 2012

[REVIEW]: Caudalie Beauty Elixir

Aloha bloggerettes!

In the last few months I was able to get my hands on some skincare products that I have been meaning to try since... forever (!) and most of them are from the brand Caudalie. 

Caudalie is a french skincare brand that aims to give youthful radiance using all natural products with grapes as their main ingredient. 

Truth be told I am a hoarder on skincare products. I have tried a bunch of products and shamefully I will be trying more as I go, really it’s an addiction! However I have to say I've never felt more comfortable with my skin until recently. I have changed up my skincare routine for almost 2 months now and happy to report that it is doing wonders. So (cross fingers) it will be awhile before I try on other new skin products again. 

But the first product in my new routine and the one I will review is the Caudalie Beauty Elixir or Eau de Beauté, if you want to be saucy! This product is like “Fifty Shades of Grey” in the beauty world. Everyone was talking about it. Either they are raving or bashing the product nonetheless it was being talked about.  As always curiosity got the best of me so I decided to give it a go.




The key ingredients of the beauty elixir are Grape, Orange blossom, Rose, Balm mint and Rosemary. It is meant to give a smooth and glowing complexion.

From the website
Inspired by Queen Isabelle of Hungary’s elixir of youth, this treatment smooths away fine lines, tightens pores and gives the complexion a real boost of radiance.
Shake before use. Avoid the eyes. Spray onto the face before your moisturizer and at any time of the day, to refresh the skin and set make-up

Now I've always been a fan of facial sprays but this one is quite different because it claims to have essential oils that is beneficial to your skin so you can imagine how high my expectations for this product is.

Initial reaction:

I was very put off with the smell. It was overly perfumed. The smell has a huge note of Mint which normally I like but it came on too strong in this beauty elixir especially when spraying it on your face. But the mist was nice and was indeed VERY refreshing. It doesn't leave droplets of water on your face so no need for that awkward fanning-of-the-face afterwards and instantly you will notice that it brightens up your complexion and skin looks more glowing. 

Overall review:

I didn't give up on the scent too easily because well I don’t want to throw my money away. So I kept on using it and eventually I got used to the smell and now I enjoy it so much that I have to bring it everywhere with me. It is especially perfect when your skin is being a bit dull and haggard because like what it claims, it gives a boost of radiance. As soon as I spray this I feel and look more energized to face the day. Plus unlike other facial sprays this comes in a luxurious glass bottle so it is somewhat fancy to carry, if that's the thing that rocks your boat. I quite like the packaging. It looks delicate and elegant. But the best thing about the glass bottle is that it keeps the product cool so every time you spray it on your face its as if you just got it out of the fridge. 

Will I repurchase?

Absoluto! It tones, moisturizes and revives my skin instantly and honestly my face has never felt better after using this product. I have to admit it is quite on the expensive size for a face spray but honestly it was worth the splurge!


Have you tried it? 
What are your thoughts?


You can find Caudalie products in any Sasa stores.

Caudalie Beauty Elixir, 30ml (travel size) - $150 (HKD)


Till my next review… Ciaolala!

jCel♥

No comments:

Post a Comment